Friday, March 1, 2013

I doubted God. And then...the mighty power of God healed a man at the edge of death.

What an amazing day! I am so tired right now I can barely type. I've got dinner dishes to do and then it's a shower and to bed! BUT...I wanted to update you one my day.

Last Friday we stopped by to visit a single mom of FOUR daughters. With the help of some very generous friends we were able to get 3 of her girls in school and are looking for a tutor for her oldest daughter. God has put her family on our hearts and we try to visit her at least once a week.

Anyway, as we were leaving the area after our visit we were waived down by a neighbor. Julia explained that her mother and husband were both bedridden and not doing well. She asked us if we would mind praying for them?

"Of course!" we answered.

Honestly, I wasn't prepared for this visit. Her mother is 86 years old and can't see. She is laying in bed and complaining about pain in her body.

"Where is the pain?" I asked.

"Everywhere."

We prayed over her and asked God to take away the pain. We asked God to give her peace. We asked God to shower her with His love.

She then took us to a different room, separate from the house. This is where her husband was laying.

I sat down on the bed next to him and told him good morning. I asked him how he was feeling and he said "bad, estoy moriendo." "I'm dying."

My heart sank. As I talked with his wife she said he had not eaten in 6 days and that he looked bad.

Julia was tired. You could see it in her eyes. She was desperate.

"Can we pray with you?" we asked him?

"I don't know how to pray." He said.

"Do you know Jesus?"

"Yes."

"Do you WANT to pray to Him?"

"Yes."

Before we prayed with him, he professed Jesus as his Lord and Savior. He said that he believed He died on the cross for our sins. And through his tears, he thanked Him.

We put our hands on his shoulders and prayed for God to reverse his illness. We prayed that his body would be healed. We prayed that he would eat and grow strong. We prayed for a miracle.

I left thinking to myself, that IT WOULD TAKE a miracle. Someone who has not eaten in 6 days, who was saying they were dying, who could barely open their eyes and was clearly waiting for the shadow of death, needed a miracle.

Fast forward 4 days. Honestly, I was worried. I was worried Julias husband wouldn't last much longer. I doubted God. And then...the mighty power of God healed a man at the edge of death. Julia said that the day after we left he started eating and then he got out of bed to go outside into the sunshine...into the light...into the waiting arms of our Father.

God's message for me today;

"I am enough. I am alive today and yesterday. Do not doubt me. Stand firm in my promises and in my Word."

I am humbled to be a witness to miracles of a living God. Some may say that it was coincidence. Some may continue to doubt. But today, I have no doubt. God is good.
 



If you would like to support what God is doing through us in Guatemala, click here.  Follow our journey at www.GodCalledUs.com.

If you have questions or just want to catch up, do not hesitate to contact me directly.  You can email me at georgesisneros@gmail.com or call our Magic Jack number in Guatemala, 970-449-9449 (local call for you).  I would love to hear from you!

1 comment: