Thursday, February 28, 2013

Well done my good and faithful servant.


My good friend and fellow missionary, Diego Marroquin and I were driving to the town of Palin, Guatemala today to visit Don Bartolo.  We had an extra blanket for him as the temperatures have been dropping and a case of juice boxes, one of the simple pleasures in his life right now.  On our way there I told Diego that I couldn’t wait to see what God had for us today!  It seems like He has something incredible for us every single day!  I was excited to sit and visit with Don Bartolo because he radiated his love for Jesus and there is always a peace surrounding me when I’m with him.

As we walked up the dirt road to his dilapidated, corn stalk shack, something seemed different.  I don’t know what it was but it felt empty.  As we reached the trail that led to his home some neighbors yelled to us.  “He’s not there.  He died.” 

My mind was racing.  What?  Did I hear that right?  Diego asked them again. 
“He died about a month ago,” they yelled. 

My heart felt like it was sinking to the bottom of the ocean.  We walked to where his house should be and there was nothing left but an old fire pit.  Diego and I didn’t say anything.  I just sat down and cried. 

“God, what the heck?  What are you trying to tell me?  I was just getting to know this man and now he’s gone.”

Diego and I prayed and as we were praying I realized, Don Bartolo is at peace.  He knew the Son of Man.  He knew Jesus Christ.

1 Samuel 2:8 says, He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap; he seats them with princes and has them inherit a throne of honor.”

Don Bartolo, I was honored to know you.  I wish I could see the smile on your face as our creator says to you, “Well done my good and faithful servant.”

I miss you.




If you would like to support what God is doing through us in Guatemala, click here.  Follow our journey at www.GodCalledUs.com.

If you have questions or just want to catch up, do not hesitate to contact me directly.  You can email me at georgesisneros@gmail.com or call our Magic Jack number in Guatemala, 970-449-9449 (local call for you).  I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment