Friday, March 22, 2013

We are going to adopt in the next few months!


Adoptions have been closed in Guatemala since 2007!  There was so much corruption going on that the government shut it all down.  Babies were being sold.  Babies were being stolen. 

My family and I recently applied for our Guatemalan residency.  Not necessarily because we are going to live here forever but rather because we want to be ready to adopt if God calls us.  As a resident of Guatemala, we will be able to adopt!  That is amazing!  The process could take up to a year and we submitted the final documents last Thursday. 

During our early visits to El Rosario we learned of an orphan who lost his parents at a very young age.  Martin lives alone and almost never has enough to eat.  My family and I have prayed about it and are hoping to adopt him in the next few months. 

We can’t legally adopt him but if he accepts us as family we will make sure he always has food and love.  We will make sure that if he has medical needs, we will be there for him.  We will pray with him and help him in any way we can, as we would any of our family.  We will celebrate with him and cry with him.

Here’s the thing.  Martin is 76 years old.  He’s never been married and has lived alone for most of his life.  He loves Jesus and always carries a bible with him.  On the first day I met Martin I gave him a hug as we left.  I wondered how many hugs he has gotten in the last 50 years.  I make it a point to hug him any time I visit. 

Martin is about 5ft. tall and is always smiling.  I have sat with him, shared bread with him and belly laughed with him.  I’m smiling right now as I think of him.  I recently asked Don Martin how he was and he replied, “I am happy and content because I have Jesus in my heart.” 

I absolutely believe God has put it on our hearts to ask Don Martin to be a part of our family.  Please pray that God will continue to use us to spread the love of Jesus Christ to not just Don Martin but to the friends we have not yet met in El Rosario.  Praise God for His blessings on my family here in Guatemala.


We are still looking for a few people who would be willing to pray about supporting our mission monthly.  If you would like to support what God is doing through us in Guatemala, click here.

If you have questions and would like to Skype or talk on the phone, do not hesitate to contact me directly.  You can email me at georgesisneros@gmail.com or call 970-449-9449 any time, (it's a local call for you.)  We would love to tell you about how God is using us in Guatemala.

Follow our Journey and read Vonda's blog atGodCalledUs.com.






No comments:

Post a Comment