Saturday, December 10, 2011

Who is knocking

Knock. Knock. Knock.

4 months ago my family was challenged to live with less.
To buy less.
To stop spending.
To give more.

God was preparing us for something big.
But what?

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Within a few months I was called to Guatemala to serve on a short term mission trip.
Two days into the trip I was overwhelmed with emotion.
“Why am I here God? How can I serve you?”

After 6 days at an orphanage and helping at a feeding center, my life began to take on new meaning. My view of the world was changed. I would never be the same.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

“I need you in Guatemala. I will clear your path.”
What?
God. Are you sure?
“I will clear your path.”

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

After praying with my family, we have decided to leave our beautiful home and our beautiful town to become full time missionaries in a city of more than a million.

While in Guatemala, I learned that I cannot change the WHOLE world, but I CAN change SOMEONES whole world.

Please keep my family in your prayers. You will be there with us.







No comments:

Post a Comment